 Robotics / 11919
Re: increased range of Infra Red
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 22:48:01 GMT

Using a lens would increase the range, but at the expense of narrowing the
angle of detection.

In lugnet.robotics, "Robert McGlade" <Rmcglade@evis.net> writes:
As with all light you could use a lens to focus the IR beam (you can set =
this up using a cam-corder to view the optimal positioning), you can =
also use mirrors to create three beams (a mirror either side). If you =
use both you should exceed 5 feet. try it with your TV remote.

Rob =20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: rohanpatel=20
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com=20
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 2:40 PM
Subject: increased range of Infra Red

HI There=20
Do You guys know how to increase the range of the infra red sensor to =
above 5 feet , if its an external circuit which I have to connect it =
does not matter ,=20
can some one send me the circuit so i can use the infra red sensor to =
sense a object at a range of 5-10 feet  and if it comes in the =
adjustable range it should give a audiable beep. it does not have to be =
a part of lego. it should work freely also.
waiting for a reply=20
macx