 Robotics / 11824
Re: MIBO Instructions and Program?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.events
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 21:14:08 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

MIBO is a very clever construction. However unless
Jin Sato writes a book about it there will be no
official instructions (his homepage actually seems to
have a picture of a book, although in japanese).
See more at: http://www.mi-ra-i.com/JinSato/MindStorms/

The pictures he has published
leaves room for interpretations. My interpretation
of his pictures can be found as jpegs from LDraw at:
http://www.dsv.su.se/~jari-pyy/lego/mibox.htm
The head is clear enough from Jin Satos pictures, so
I did not model it. He has modeled the head on his
homepage.

The programming is the most difficult part and depends
on what parts you have used (i.e. new/old motors etc.).
I have not done any programming yet, so no luck there.

Good luck!

Jari

In lugnet.robotics, Tim Courtney writes:
Hey...

I've been talking with a representative from Lego about getting parts for a
MIBO dog to build at the Kidvention (LDraw display) and she told me that it is
possible to obtain them.  I sent Jin an email about a week ago and haven't
gotten a reply whether or not I can get instructions for this.  Does anyone
have the program for it, and the instructions for the latest version?  I'd
really appreciate having these by Monday the 10th as I drive to Carlsbad the
following day.  Please let me know if you have any information.

NOTE: I am currently NOT available at tim@zacktron.com (until July 17), so
please email me at timc_kidvention@hotmail.com

Thanks!

-Tim Courtney