 Robotics / 11727
  RCX speaking a foreign IR language...

Is it possible to train the RCX in some manner to mimic a remote for another device? I just purchased a Frigidare air conditioner and I thought it would be cool to post a sentry to buzz into the center bedroom (a converted dining room in our (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX speaking a foreign IR language...

(...) You could wire your computer with X10, and then make the RCX talk to your computer, which would pass that on to the X10 controller. Cool idea, by the way. First good use for the temp. sensor I've heard of. :) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX speaking a foreign IR language...

Well, the AC has an IR remote... I thought maybe I could duplicate the codes from either the built-in IR or the light sensor or maybe even shoot it with a laser, since the angle would be pretty sharp from floor to window... Dave (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX speaking a foreign IR language...

(...) As far as I know, no one has done anything like that yet, even with LegOS. Would it be possible to have the robot hold the AC remote? (24 years ago, 19-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)