 Robotics / 11685
  My first attempt at programming

Dear List, I am a total novice to Lego Mindstorms and have been using the bundled RCX programming screen (the 'jigsaw puzzle' type visual UI). Now my programs are getting more complicated I am finding it increasingly confusing/restrictive. Can I (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My first attempt at programming

(...) NQC is the next step :) It's even an easy step to take. If you use Windows then download RcxCC from this web: (URL) the guide to NQC that is (was?) included and you should be on your way and beyond :) Good luck! /Tobbe (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My first attempt at programming

If you use VB, you should also take a look at the SPIRIT.OCX SDK available from www.legomindstorms.com. It explains how to write and download programs for the RCX using LEGOs own communication ActiveX component. From within SPIRIT.OCX, you have (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: My first attempt at programming

(...) This is actually less intuitive than NQC -- NQC is a high-level language which compiles to RCX bytecodes, whereas the spirit.ocx SDK just gives you a wrapper allowing you to spit out bytecodes with a high level language. So you basically end (...) (24 years ago, 13-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)