 Robotics / 11664
11663  |  11665
Subject:
9v Gear Motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:40:01 GMT

I have been searching lugnet for more info on the standard Lego 9v
gearmotors.  I know there are 4 terminals.  I know there is forward, reverse,
off (with braking) and float (without).

Mark Overmar's NQC tutorial which is included with Dave Baum's book/CD has a
scheme to vary the speed by turning it off and on many times a second. I
absolutely do not understand the code, but it works anyway!  He says:  "It
constantly checks the variable speed to see what the current speed is."  But
is there speed monitoring, or current monitoring, or even something that would
tell the RCX motor direction?

If anyone knows how the motor works, or has any good links, let me know.

Thanks, Jerry