 Robotics / 11660
Re: where to find lots of cool parts...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 22:15:19 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, pmunce <pmunce@earthlink.net> writes:
    there was a box of old printers (epson dot matrix, olivetti spark
jet, radio shack ink jet, atari 1020 plotter, etc.) on its way to the
trash finally after years and years of hoping to find a use for them.

There IS a 10x20 storage shed full of old printers, (epson dot matrix, epson
LASER, PCs, etc...) soon to be on their way to landfill or parts heaven,
depending on my patience when I get to them...  I've thought a lot about the
steppers and such in them as well... if they are low voltage DC... there are a
few with LCD displays too... I know that dilemma oh too well!

    important tip: never throw anything away. dismantle it first and you
will always be able to find space for it.

So if I totally dismantle my 1948 Pontiac it will fit into the shed like the
shed was originally rented for? :)

Dave