 Robotics / 11650
Re: Outlook problems with messages from "CS Kwok" <yl711@netvigator.com>"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 03:12:31 GMT

David,

I am sorry about causing trouble on your Outlook. The email you just
mentioned
was sent from my home PC. The default character set is Chinese [Big5].

Regards
CS Kwok

----- Original Message -----
From: David C. Pyatt <dcpyatt@netzero.net>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2000 8:05 AM
Subject: Outlook problems with messages from "CS Kwok"
<yl711@netvigator.com>"

     I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with messages from • "CS
Kwok" <yl711@netvigator.com>" locking up their computer when using Outlook • to
receive posts via email.  If you have the preview pane turned on it locks • my
computer and refuses to receive any more mail...

     I reloaded Outlook and re-imported my .pst file to no avail, then I • went
to Microsoft and found this work around:

Run Outlook with the /nopreview option from the command line or create a
shortcut as follows:

target:
  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /nopreview

Apparently there is something generated in the headers from their messages
that Outlook refuses to accept (I believe it said foreign code-page
information).

Dave