 Robotics / 11649
11648  |  11650
Subject:
Outlook problems with messages from "CS Kwok" <yl711@netvigator.com>"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 00:05:27 GMT

     I was wondering if anyone else was having problems with messages from "CS
Kwok" <yl711@netvigator.com>" locking up their computer when using Outlook to
receive posts via email.  If you have the preview pane turned on it locks my
computer and refuses to receive any more mail...

     I reloaded Outlook and re-imported my .pst file to no avail, then I went
to Microsoft and found this work around:

Run Outlook with the /nopreview option from the command line or create a
shortcut as follows:

target:
  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE" /nopreview

Apparently there is something generated in the headers from their messages
that Outlook refuses to accept (I believe it said foreign code-page
information).

Dave