 Robotics / 11639
    Sonar x Batteries —Mauro Vianna
   Hi, people! I built a sonar-like feature as other people here had done already. The robot is using the RCX to send IR messages and a light sensor to detect the IR reflections. It sends messages continually while moving and detection works fine. It (...) (24 years ago, 4-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Servo motors & RCX —Ram Meenakshisundaram
     Hi, Is there a way to connect a servo motor to the RCX? If so, what specifications do I need for the motor. Thanks.. Ram (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

         Re: Servo motors & RCX —Brian Alano
     It seems to me that Ralph Hempel has a servo driver for pbFORTH. I seem to recall him polling for interest in a more general RCX solution. (...) -- ___...___ And Jesus said to them, "Come with me, and I will make you fishers of men." At once they (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Sonar x Batteries —David Chen
   I too noticed that the battery usage went way up. I got around this by using trains of IR Pulses (like 10 Pulse IR/Check IR level pairs in a row) followed by a rest period for let's say 100msec then checking IR again. This creates a lower (approx (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)