 Robotics / 11639
11638  |  11640
Subject:
Sonar x Batteries
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 20:25:59 GMT

Hi, people!
I built a sonar-like feature as other people here had done already. The
robot is using the RCX to send IR messages and a light sensor to detect the
IR reflections. It sends messages continually while moving and detection
works fine. It works better with red obstacles.
But it seens that this feature consumes the batteries fast. Can somebody
confirm that?
If true, did somebody already use any workaround as an external IR emitter
connected to external batteries?

Best regards,

Mauro Vianna