 Robotics / 11630
    Re: 0.5 degree resolution with rotation sensor —Mauro Vianna
   Did you have any problem with the slack resulting from the gear train? With so much gears the error generated slack should be greater than the precision. I don't have a rotation sensor yet but some assemblies I made in the past to control sterring (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 0.5 degree resolution with rotation sensor —Ricardo Andrade
   I don't really need it to be really precise, because, yes, the gear train is a huge factor in a situation like that. I only built the gear train and I'm using another rotation sensor as the reference for my controller. Depending on the position I (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: 0.5 degree resolution with rotation sensor —Roger Hamlett
   (...) I did a design a little while ago, using the ultrasonic rangefinder (this is John Barnes's original design 'redesigned' by me, and built as a PCB), as a 'rangefinder', with a meter needle. Obviously to get reasonable resolution on the needle, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)