 Robotics / 11622
11621  |  11623
Subject:
the fear of being out of date...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 2000 19:20:27 GMT

the fear of being out of date is a scam we have been conditioned to
believe. sure once in a while you really need to buy something new to
keep from being left behind.

lets talk about the lego mindstorm. were they to stop producing it right
now it would still be years before you were able to realize its full
potential. the possibilities are endless.

if you wait to buy the best there is you will never buy anything. i have
an old atari800 computer that is fun to program to this day. i don't
think i will ever realize their full potential.

so to the person that was fearful lego mindstorm may be replaced by a
newer line of xcr2001, lets hope so. if you are unable to buy it now it
will be a long time before you realize the full potential of the rcx.

however, if the measurements on the construction blocks were to change in
order to render them useless in the future, that would be a problem.

pmunce@earthlink.net
Everything I have told you is a lie, even that.
Believe me, don't believe me.