 Robotics / 11611
Re: Quick question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 04:46:37 GMT

Stephen Ban wrote:

This is my first time posting to this newsgroup, so I hope I haven't
missed the FAQ.

Does anyone know whether the Mindstorms sets such as the Robotics
Invention System and Discovery Set will be available year after year,
or whether these sets will disappear or be renewed every year like
other Lego sets. So far, I only have the Droid Developer Kit, and I
want to buy the other sets, but I don't know whether I should be
rushing out to get them before they disappear, or whether I can afford
to wait and take my time to accumulate all of the sets.

Thanks for the info!

Remove the "x" from my e-mail to reply.

The current sets will go the way of the dodo bird.

Take for example the 1.0. All of Lego's sites and instructions/books etc.
mention the 1.5 set and use 1.5 pieces. No mention of 1.0 users. Lego
moves on. They may come out with great future products or they could
really suck. There's no way to know. The 2.0 is coming out and it will be
a good RCX. I'd forgo the 1.5 as it doesn't have a power adapter port and
batteries add up fast. The scout is good but will fade away because it
can't be upgraded like the RCX's can.

I bought two 1.0's because I liked them. I'll probably get a couple of
2.0's too.

Lego's rules seem to be one year for a set, then it's discontinued...

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html
Dean's Lego Workshop: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_wr.html