 Robotics / 11565
  Extra RAM

I think the problem stems from the CPU which only has 16 address lines limiting it to 64k which is chewed up by the ROM and RAM already on board. My only answer is to build my own brick, which I am doing, but I'm afraid I've limited it to 512k RAM (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Extra RAM

I was just thinking that with more room, you could have full-fledged versions of software, and with limited firmware, you could have super huge arrays that could be used to store data in very high resolutions(like a map for navigation). Andy (...) (24 years ago, 27-May-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Extra RAM

(...) How much resolution do you want to have and what for? If i think of an high resolution map, I think of vectors not bit maps. Esp. in a high resolution environment, you are much better and faster with vectors than with bit maps. If you imaging (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.robotics)