 Robotics / 11526
Re: Question Droid Developer Kit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 07:52:34 GMT

Bob Fay wrote:

I am writing assembly instructions for a person that is totally blind. These
are for the Droid Developer Kit. The person will not be able to experience
the digital display. My question is "does the display default to a certain
program number when it is first turned on. If it does that,  the person can
just count pushes on the selector button. Please advise me as I do not have
this unit and am depending on the information in the Construct o pedia that
was mailed to me.

The microscout keeps it's last settings. Even with the power off/ batteries out.

I haven't found a way to tell the settings without the display yet.

One possibility is to convert the display from the lcd into a Braille like
display. It should be possible as you can see the display has 8 different
segments and a ground. ( the 7 lines for the numbers and one for the low batt
icon)

One possibility that I haven't tried yet is the VLL commands. There is one that
is RESET. This may reset it back to prog 1.

Good luck.

Dean
--
Coin-Op's For Sale!: http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/coin-op.html