 Robotics / 11504
Re: Scout, Microscout & IR Remote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 17 May 2000 07:08:48 GMT

Randall Thomas wrote:

My son and I accidently discovered last night that if the Microscout • light
link input is in range, or fiber optically connected, to the Scouts • light
link output, then the infrared remote (from the UA kit) "C" buttons can
then control the Microscout motor as a third motor. The Microscout must • be
set to "P".

Dennis Williamson <dennis.NO@SPAM.netstrata.com> wrote:
That is _very_ cool! I just tried it out and it works!

Sure it works :-)
Probably the first post that mention this feature is by Eric Brok  in Nov
1999:

http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/scout/?n=3

On Eric's great site you will find many details about Scout to Microscout
interfacing, as well as Scout to Codepilot, Scout to RCX, Remote Control to
Scout, and other undocumented features :

http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/robo/

HTH

Mario

Web page: http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari