 Robotics / 11471
Re: XCAM sale
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 18:18:41 GMT

On May. 11 00, 10:53 PDT, "Chia, Wade" <wchia@Mobility.com> wrote:

Is this better than the XCAM2?  They are offering xcam2 for $79.99
with a $40 credit for later purchases.  I ask bcos the original
xcam seems to have a removable camera while they don't say anything
abt that for xcam2.

"Better" depends on what you're doing with it.

The original Xcam is a little square box, not attached to some kind
of mount. This makes it very easy to attach to Lego. Look at
http://www.fozztexx.com/webcam/Construction.html to see a simple
Lego mount for the original Xcam.

The original also has a screw in lens, which makes it possible to
change the focus if necessary.

It does *not* have any kind of microphone though, and it is indoor
only.

---
Chris Osborn                      Full System, Inc.
fozztexx@fullsystem.com           2160 Jefferson St., #240
http://www.fullsystem.com/        Napa, CA 94559
Webhosting that *works* - 99.99% uptime - First 3 months free