 Robotics / 11404
Re: Elektor Electronics Magazine Article
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 22:43:06 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Gordon McComb writes:
Dennis Clark wrote:
  I've never seen it here in the USA.  I'd _love_ to find a source though.
I wrote a programming article for Parallax and they had it published in
Elektor in (I think) a four parter, as well as making it part of their
Robotics coursework.  But, I've never seen the magazine so I have no idea
how it came out in the publication, nor how it was received.

So that *was* you?  I was going to ask, but thought it couldn't be,
because the "Dennis Clark" who wrote it used the spelling "behaviour"
throughout. Knew that couldn't have been you.... <g>

  <Grin> Yup, that's me.  I have read a lot of books and wandered around the
world some, so my spelling tends to be a blend of US and non-US and my accent
tends to NOT sound like I came from Iowa.  I get dinged for that and for
spelling grey with an 'e' and other rot of that nature.  Once it's habit, it's
habit!  Anyway - I got tired of the same ol' tired programming I'd seen for ages
with the Stamp II so I thought that I would liven up the scene a bit with a
different approach.  I tried my best to keep it at a level such that someone
other than a CS major could get something from the methodology.

I think I have all, or most, of that series, and I think it was more
than four parts (might have been five). Write me privately if you'd like
to get some copies of them.

  Someone wrote me to say it's actually an 8-parter, he was Dutch though and
said he didn't think I'd want his copy!  I speak only pidgeon German, I doubt
I'd get through a Dutch edition!  I am interested how the article went into the
publication though - I'd sure appreciate it.

DLC