 Robotics / 11381
RE: LEGO Pneumatics (compressor application)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 10:14:06 GMT

Well the best pneumatics set is the 8868 truck which includes a compressor.
The directions can be found at:
http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8868/
<http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8868/>

The Dacta pneumatics kit contains directions for an electro-mechanical
switch.

Lego does not make an electro-mechanical solenoid valve but fischertechnik
does. I have used an RCX to drive my fischertechnik system. See:
http://www.geocities.com/mihalkam/pneumorobots.html
<http://www.geocities.com/mihalkam/pneumorobots.html>

Fischertechnik rates the valves at 9V 1A which may make mobile operation
difficult. That will be a project for this weekend. Other valves have been
on sale on this list recently.

Enjoy!
Michael