 Robotics / 11357
Re: Ultrasonic Mapping Robot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:57:15 GMT

Resolution at 30 ft is 0.9 inches.  At 90 ft, it is 3.2 inches.
Bob Highfill
----- Original Message -----
From: James Pritchard <dungeon@madasafish.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2000 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: Ultrasonic Mapping Robot

What kind of resolution does a system like that have?

Bob Highfill <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
I have developed an ultrasonic tracking system, called the UlTra System,
that tracks a lightweight, piezoelectric ultrasonic transmitter over a • 100
ft x 100 ft area.  I have both a 2-D and 3-D tracking version.
Unfortunately, the cost of this system is not cheap ($8,000 for the 2-D • and
$12,000 for the 3-D).  The system is used primarily in environmental
surveying, but could be used to track and control a robot in real time. • I
mention it because of your interest in the problem.

Bob Highfill <highfill@accessam.net>