 Robotics / 11144
Re: Speed control of motors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 16:13:17 GMT

You should turn on and off the motor output and vary the ratio between
on and off. I'm not sure if it will works though.

Philippe

Skye Sweeney a écrit :

Someplace (a book or web page) I saw a way to control the speed of a
mindstorm motor. Not just changing the power, but the speed.

If I remember right, they created an NQC task that did its own PWM on
the motor output. I spent a frustrating evening trying to do this and got
nowhere fast.

What I would like to be able to do is to make graceful turns of various
radii by adjusting the speeds of the drive motors. Since the bot is only
gently loaded, the power settings have little or no effect on the bot.

Any pointers or ideas would be welcome.

-Skye Sweeney
(603) 885 7744

"God has nothing to do with Air Traffic Control. He is still mad we learned to fly."
-Glenn Eaton

--
          Philippe Jadin
     Avenue Désiré Yernaux, 31