 Robotics / 11135
Re: Control of the RCX via TCP/IP ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 19:38:27 GMT

You could do that with a 2 Visual Basic programs. The one in the "RCX
Server" would use the Spirit.OCX to control the RCX. See Mindstorms site for
details. It has a full documentation of Spirit.OCX.
Visual Basic also includes an ActiveX control to communicate through TCP/IP.
Even HTTP is available if you need. Of course you will need some programming
but it's not really difficult. both programs (Server and Remote) could talk
to each other using this control.
Let us know if you succeed!

Good luck,
Mauro

"Ralf Krause" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Hello,

has anybody tested to control the RCX via TCP/IP?

I want to control some RCX functions when the ir tower that holds the
connection to the RCX is at an other computer within an intranet
(classroom). Perhaps I could send NQC program files or the compiled NQC
bytecode to the "RCX server". This should simulate a roboter in a
workroom or laboratory far away from the controlling computer.

I don't want to have a black box like ROBOLAB - in this software package
is a server function to do the problem. I want to look behind the
capability of ROBOLAB and want to learn something about the things all
around this.

Bye Ralf

Ralf Krause
Bertha-von-Suttner-Gesamtschule Dormagen
Marie-Schlei-Strasse 6
41542 Dormagen
Germany

http://www.bvsdormagen.de