 Robotics / 11100
Re: Making Lego airborne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Ram Meenakshisundaram writes:
I think your best bet might be to supplement the lift by possibly making
a dirigible.  I agree with the statement that Lego's are heavy and motors
are weak, so this would seem to be the best suggestion.  You could still
have it RCX controlled, but that would free the motors to supply
directional movement rather than compensating for lift as well, probably
easing the programming factor.

Here comes a stupid question:  What is a dirigible???

A balloon-based airship having propulsion and steering systems.

A LEGO example is set #5956 Air Zeppelin:

Non-LEGO examples are the Hindenburg, the Good Year Blimp, and the airship that
Drs. Henry & Indiana Jones escaped from via biplane in the third movie.

--Todd