 Robotics / 11072
Re: ***robot maze and other goals***
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 01:41:29 GMT

Well, you can just try to traverse the maze except for you are looking for a
candle rather than the exit.  (The only trick is to make sure you don't go
back out the entrance. ;-) )

<SHAMELESS PLUG>
If you are interested in looking at different maze solving algorithms, and
experimenting then you might want to try MazeBots.  (An Appendix in the help
file talks about different maze solving algorithms.)  It can be downloaded
from http://www.innovatus.com
</SHAMELESS PLUG>

Best of luck in the competition!

--Alan

+----------------------------------------
| Alan G. Smith
| ags@innovatus.com
| http://www.innovatus.com
----- Original Message -----
From: <BMajik5127@aol.com>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Monday, March 20, 2000 5:37 PM
Subject: ***robot maze and other goals***

   Hello people!!!

  I have been building robots for years,but I never figured out how to
program to well.
I can make a robot go through a maze fine.But say I wanted it to search • for
something in the maze say a  lit CANDLE?
How do I do something like that, and does the robot need to know the maze
first in that instance?
It seems that when I write a program to find the bright light it works, • but I
cant figure out how to make it locate a room in the maze so it would know • it
should start looking for the candle???
Anyone who can help me will be credited with help in the design as I am • going
to the Robot fire fighting contest @ Trinity College in Hartford Conn.
Thanks for any ideas some of you may have, I use the lego software that • came
with the RCX and I also use NQC.
Thanks again!
-Michael