 Robotics / 11045
11044  |  11046
Subject:
A modest proposal/challenge/whatever: 'bot wrestling
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 18:52:27 GMT

Lego Wrestling, anybody?

It's sort of a natural extension of something like
Robotag and is vaguely inspired by the WWF's Brahma
Bull Rope match. Basically, two robots get in a
circular, one-meter-wide ring, are lashed together
with a plastic or twine lanyard about a quarter meter
apart (so they don't have to worry about finding each
other), and then try to either throw each other out of
the ring (a la sumo) or immobilize/incapacitate each
other. Winner is last 'bot standing after thirty
seconds.

Thoughts? I'm doing a writeup right now on one way of
doing it, and I'll have it up next to the (shameless
plug) What Set Should I Buy FAQ at

http://www.geocities.com/connorbd

early next week.

/Brian