 Robotics / 11000
Re: Positioning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:09:54 GMT

The book can be found here:
    ftp://ftp.eecs.umich.edu/people/johannb/pos96rep.pdf
It might takea while to get, their server is kind of slow (for me at least).

I had this at one time, but it seems I've lost it. If I remember correctly, it
was an excellent resource, but did not cover landmark-based navigation. Also,
the methods it describes are for the most part very complex. I'm sure they
work in large, expensive robots and sites that can afford tens or hundreds of
thousands of dollars in equipment. How well the ideas presented there will
port to an RCX, I don't know.

If I remember correctly, I came up with landmark navigation as a more flexable
alternative to timer based navigation and a simpler alternative to the methods
described in that document.

David Leeper (may have been too hasty in dismissing that document, though)