 Robotics / 10980
Re: Train Stoppers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2000 19:37:57 GMT

Scott A wrote:

"Oliver Giesen" <ogiesen@mdsintl.com> wrote in message
news:Fr3tvq.Hn7@lugnet.com...

"Scott A" <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message • news:Fr3rqn.4rp@lugnet.com...
<snip>
This is what the RCX was developed for ! ;)
Couple of light sensors for train detection, and a couple of cybermaster
touch switches for manual speed control.
Cheers
Oliver

Is there a difference between a cybermaster touch switche & the RIS touch
sensor?

Scott A

My main use for the buffer stop is to save my RCX Train from smashing someplace
unpleasant.
This is the same for DCC. If my RCX Train should miss a track command and smash
into a sidding I want it protected.

Here is the latest incarnation of my RCX Train.
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/vlc/vlc000304/00030415.jpg.html

Some old pics (Useful for the motor bits) are here,
http://www.akasa.bc.ca/tfm/lego_rcxtrain.html

Manual stoppers are a must.

Dean

--