 Robotics / 10935
  RCX track Reader

I've created an RCX Train system. I've got everything working wonderfully except the track reader. Has anyone come up with a good way of reading the location of the track with the RCX on board the train? Thanks Dean (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX track Reader

Dean Husby wrote in message <38C30277.69F0306E@a....bc.ca>... (...) Heehee... (^: I posted some pictures of my model of the MATRA VAL system, and for that I positioned a light sensor vertically, facing down, to look at a 1x8 white plate put in the (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX track Reader

(...) The problem I've had attempting that is that the clearance for the switching points is not enough. Plus as the train enters a corner it moves out of alignment with the track. Also, with the points the light sensor is too long to make it. Maybe (...) (25 years ago, 6-Mar-00, to lugnet.robotics)