 Robotics / 10936
Re: RCX track Reader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2000 01:46:10 GMT

Dean Husby wrote in message <38C30277.69F0306E@akasa.bc.ca>...

I've created an RCX Train system. I've got everything working
wonderfully except the track reader.

Has anyone come up with a good way of reading the location of the track
with the RCX on board the train?

Thanks

Dean

Heehee... (^:

I posted some pictures of my model of the MATRA VAL system, and for that I
positioned a light sensor vertically, facing down, to look at a 1x8 white
plate put in the stations. Begining of the white plate signals decel. while
the end of it signals the vehicle to stop. Acceleration is done over the
period of about one second.

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/

    Iain
--