 Robotics / 10883
Re: RIS 1.5 & DDK - 3 Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 21:42:10 GMT

I can answer 1 and 3 definitely, and 2 with a "maybe."

(1) The RCX 1.5 still has 1.0 stamped on it, but can be identified as
different from 1.0 because it lacks an A/C power adapter plug. (There are
differences to the internal boards as well, but there is no difference in
function.)

(2) The DDK CD contains challenges and building instructions. You can live
without it, but might want to find a way to get access to it. (My
recollection was that the only NT problem with the CD would be DirectX
drivers ... but I might be remembering wrong.) You'll find (I believe) some
of the instructions _not_ included on the CD on Lego's MindStorms Web site.

(3) You betcha. We're even kind to newbies.

--Jedi Wilcox
(Doug Wilcox)

Support your local Jedi ... order books, videos, and more from Amazon.com
via http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/saber/books.htm

Check out the Wilcox family at http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/wilcox/

Find out what else Jedi Wilcox builds at
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com/mindstorms/

Jedi Wilcox owns and operates
WordSmith Digital Document Services
30 George Street
Brockton, MA 02302-3635
508-897-0847 phone
508-897-0849 fax
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com
ICQ# 24868783

- Web design (including e-commerce)
- Searchable Digital Documents on CD
- Desktop Publishing - Design - Scanning
- Computer/Software Consulting (Technical Wizardry)
- Computer Demons Exorcised
- Officially Registered in Dogbert's New Ruling Class