 Robotics / 10882
Re: RIS 1.5 & DDK - 3 Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 21:41:58 GMT

It was a good find. The box seals were broken on both sets, but all the bags
were intact. It was hard to haggle though, as the money was going towards a
garden slide for the 2 year old.

Thanks for your help.

Scott A

Dennis Clark <dlc@verinet.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.robotics, Scott Arthur writes:
Hi,
I've just picked up both the RIS 1.5 & the Droid Dev Kit. They were • unwanted
Xmas gifts for a 2 year old! I have 3 quick questions:

  Whoa.  Some people have more money than sense - good deal for you • though.

1. All the 1.5 documentation has "1.5" on it. However, the brick has • "1.0"
on it, but no DC power supply socket - is this normal?

Yes.

2. The droid kit comes with a CD. I can't view it right now  (I run NT). • Do
I need it?

No.  I've never turned mine on.

3. Is this the correct group?

Yes.

  Now, for your RIS robotics setup, look through this group to get a • reference
to NQC.  Its a must have if you know anything about programming at all. • You
will soon outgrow the RIS programming environment and lust for more power!

have fun,
DLC