 Robotics / 1086
  Antenna Bumpers/Insects

I've just made a simple bot with the antenna-like config in the Constructopedia + implemented the simple touch>stop motor algorithm. One problem the robot has is with table/chair legs and the like - the bot wanders straight into it and then can't (...) (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Antenna Bumpers/Insects

(...) They change the position of the antennae - those things usually have a joint at the base. How else would they wave them around menacingly? (26 years ago, 4-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Antenna Bumpers/Insects

(...) Yes, I've seen just this behaviour. Work-around -- (i) use the purple corrugated pipes as antenna, with just a short axle in the end; and (ii) instead of mounting the two antennae on one pivot (so that they're fixed in relation to each other) (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.robotics)