 Robotics / 10812
  Re: Rotation Sensors - slightly dissapointed...

Stefan Elsner wrote in message ... (...) ...No, and that wouldn't do any good, because the error occurs before it returns home - and if it's already at 0 (home) then clearing it isn't going to make it any "homier" (^: The only practical solution I (...) (24 years ago, 24-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Rotation Sensors - slightly dissapointed...

I think that motors need time to stop. If you rotate a motor backwards until the Sensor shows 0, then turn it off, it might go to -2 until it is fully stopped. So if you do a ClearSensor() afterwards your motor is off by two counts and your code (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

Stefan Elsner wrote in message ... (...) I developed a vector-based code in which I set a variable to the location I want the motor to spin to, and mount the sensor directly on the gearmotor. The idea is I can implement this code into any of my (...) (24 years ago, 25-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)