 Robotics / 10650
  Re: Inexpensive air tank found at WalMart!

I got frustrated with the low capacity of the little blue Lego air tanks soon after I started playing with pneumatics, so I came up with my own design for a home-made air tank, as well. My air tank is made from a regular plastic soda bottle, a (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Inexpensive air tank found at WalMart!

(...) Ok, take a look at: (URL) cap of my pressure tank, with 3 air-ports and 1 filler valve. Two ports are connected by a short tube to seal them off temporarily) and (URL) cap attached to a 2L bottle) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Inexpensive air tank found at WalMart!

My problem is that I need a mobile tank... a two litre or even 20 oz. bottle would never fit my project needs. :( Dave (...) nonexistant (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: Inexpensive air tank found at WalMart!

You can very chaeply (and easily) make plastic tanks of any size using white PVC irrigation pipes. They come in various diameters. Cut a short section, and glue on a pair of end caps. All available in most hardware stores. Should only be a few (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Inexpensive air tank found at WalMart!

Well, I saw a couple of years ago little 12 oz. bottles of plastic. IRRC they were Pepsi, but could also be other things. This would probably be at least 2 air tanks, and could be mounted on the top or side. Andy (...) (25 years ago, 15-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)