 Robotics / 1054
RE: Predator/Prey thoughts ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 22:58:57 GMT

How about a heated steel skirt that melts all opponents?  Then they'd really know when they'd hit a robot.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Miller [SMTP:lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 03, 1998 12:26 PM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Predator/Prey thoughts ...

Tim McSweeney <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
"Touch 'em and they die" rule appeals, the judgescan do all the hard work
and the bots only have to run in a straight line towards the the opponent
(or away from) and bounce off the walls. Note: there's no reason why the
"arena" can't be arbitrarily complex, say like someones living room floor.

Well, yes there is. If there's objects besides robots which can be hit,
robots need some way of telling the difference between "I hit you!" and "I
hit a wall!".