 Robotics / 10525
Re: buy it ! (XCam in Europe?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 10:41:24 GMT

At 18:45 06-02-2000 +0100, Edgar Vonk wrote:
How do you communicate with the CyberMaster birck?

Through the Radio-Tower <- RS-232 -> PC
It's the same as RIS's IR-Tower, but with two antenas.

I have a RIS, but want to get a CyberMaster ro 'replace' the prick because I
want to control the robot remotely using RF. What exactly is the difference
between communicating with the 2 bricks?

There are some pBrick op-codes that are RCX specific, not implemented in
CyberMaster (and ones that are CyberMaster specific, not implemented in the
RCX).

For a better view of the diferences, you can download the spirit.ocx sdk
from mindstorms site. (sorry, don't have the URL here, now)

I am intending to use the sources of SUN's JavaOne demo
where they controlled a RCX with Java, but I want to use the
CyberMaster brick instead.

I'm not familiar with that demo, but it's possible to adapt almost any
RCX-aware controlling source-code to a CyberMaster-aware one. You simply
have to deal with some diferences between the two.

Marco C. aka McViper