 Robotics / 10521
RE: HandyBoard multi-process syncs..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 15:08:45 GMT

Hardware : HandyBoard
Language : IC 3.2
Question : Is there a mechanisme available to synchronize
           the process threads within a multi-process application ?

           If these mechanisme is not available, should I use a
           variable to build such a mechanism. Mainly I worry about
           the consistentcy of a variable when switching from one
           process thread to another.

I'm not sure about IC, but if you use Introl's demo package, you can
use MCX-11, a real-time kernel. The IMI monitor would probably be
your debugging port.

<http://www.introl.com> gets you to their home page.

A real-time kernel is worth the investment in learning curve
because it makes things like message passing and multi-tasking
easy. You still need to be aware of critical resources and
regions and properly protect them in your code. This is the
subject of many good books, and too long for an email...

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com