 Robotics / 10486
Re: Basement water alarm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:23:28 GMT

For those of you who aren't running Linux and are running Windows machines,
you might want to try grabbing the computer clock setting program from the
US NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology).

The Internet-based one is at http://www.bldrdoc.gov/timefreq/service/nts.htm
The dial-up based (requires a modem call to Hawaii or Colorado)  is at
http://www.bldrdoc.gov/timefreq/service/acts.htm

Both programs query the NIST time servers, and automatically adjust the
computer clock as necessary.

An anecdote: I attempted to set my computer clock just after 12:00 a.m. on
January 1, 2000, but to no avail. A TRACERT to the server showed me why--I
couldn't get closer than (apparently) the same city--the server was
overloaded with similar requests.

--Doug Wilcox

WordSmith Digital Has Moved!

We are now up and running in our new offices at:

30 George Street
Brockton, MA 02302-3635

New phone numbers (not yet guaranteed) will be active on Tuesday, February
1. We expect them to be:
508-897-0847 phone
508-897-0849 fax

Our e-mail address and URL will remain the same.

WordSmith Digital Document Services
30 George Street
Brockton, MA 02302-3635

781-871-6162
fax 781-871-6264
http://www.wordsmithdigital.com
ICQ# 24868783

- Web design (including e-commerce)
- Searchable Digital Documents on CD
- Desktop Publishing - Design - Scanning
- Computer/Software Consulting (Technical Wizardry)
- Computer Demons Exorcised
- Officially Registered in Dogbert's New Ruling Class