 Robotics / 10475
10474  |  10476
Subject:
using the mirco scout?& Lego R\C car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 21:58:49 GMT

As of now i am bafald.  I realy got my self in a mess.  I havent realy
programed any robots, let alone building any.  I tend to go for the hands
on control.  I mostly use the lego re mote to make my robot do things.  so
i havent done much programing.

I am still trying to figure out how i could make more outputs that i
could control.  I need at least need 2 motors to drive sucessfly and 2 to
make a robot do some task worth while.  I have read of all the different
gearboxes people have riged up but those give all the outputs on 1 side.

As of now i am usind the lego r/c car to cart my bot around.  The only
prob is that the r/c car has a limited range and so does the remote.  Also
walls and other objects cause a problem in the transfer of the data.

I guess the point i am trying to make is that i need some port
extendsions and a way to control the bot wirelessly.

Could I use the Micro scout to drive my robot? Using 1 prot on the Rcx to
send a mesage to the micro scout the driving comands?

Any suggestons would be helpfull, thanks in advansed