 Robotics / 10412
  Re: Robots In Love?

(...) Hopefully he didn't wrote it in "1984" Phil (24 years ago, 1-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Robots In Love?

Hi All, I've just put up a new web site. It's about a new type of mathematics I invented about a decade ago. It's called Love, and works well at mathematically representing emotion. What does this have to do with robots? Well, I AM building an (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robots In Love?

Ok, I read it. The notation is extremely strained, and redefining X^Y to mean Y*X' (where X' is the underlying concept representing X) does not help. On the plus side, at least you figured out that orthogonal concepts need to be represented as a (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Robots In Love?

Hi Michael, Wow! I never really expected anyone to read it! Thanks! I've read Minsky's "Society of Mind" and was generally unimpressed with it. It's not so much that I think anything he said was wrong as much as it seemed dated to me (the book was (...) (24 years ago, 1-Feb-00, to lugnet.robotics)