 Robotics / 10223
Re: Controlling pneumatics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 08:45:58 GMT

John Barnes wrote:

"Mihalka, Michael" wrote:

Well I found the parts numbers sooner than I thought:

35327   3/2-Wege Magnetventil (lieferbar ab Juni 2000) benötigt noch 2*35328
0.00
35328   Schlauchanschluss Magnetventil für 35327 (lieferbar ab Juni 2000)
0.00

However, it appears that this part will not be available individually until
June 2000. In the meantime if you are interested in getting the part it will
be necessary to order the pneumatic robots set. To make a robot with this
set, however, it is necessary to further buy the "interface" (the
fischertechnik equivalent of the RCX but with four outputs and 10 inputs
(eight digital, two analog)),  a "powerblock" (aka battery box), and the
requisite software.

I don't think it will be necessary to buy any other fischertechnik parts. I
think the idea is to adapt the valves for use by the RCX. That is what I will
do, just as soon as someone can provide the means by which US residents can
obtain the parts. I can see ebay flooded with "slightly used fischertechnik
pneumatic robot kits missing a few parts" :)

JB

Yep, I don't fancy starting all over again.

Consider the costs:
Pneumatic Robots Set #34948 at DM 269.95
Intelligent Interface #30402 at DM 239.95
Software LLWIN 2.1 #30407 at DM 99.95
Energy Set (AC adapter) #30182 at DM 69.95

Just gimme those "few missing parts" :-)
--
C S Soh

cssoh@singnet.com.sg

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~cssoh