 Robotics / 10206
    Re: I have a solution for freeing motor ports —Richard Franks
   (...) Now, what would be interesting is if you could sacrifice 1 motor output to power a mini radio-transmitter. Am I right in thinking that this could be quite small - ie a 2x2 brick encasing the crystal? How does the radio control car work anyway (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: I have a solution for freeing motor ports —David C. Pyatt
     I'm assuming that the R/C transmitter is modulating two channels on either 27Mhz or 49Mhz...it is probably a non-digital-proportional servo system, so it is forward or reverse on channel A and left or right on channel B to the servo units. I don't (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        LEGO r/c car (was: I have a solution for freeing motor ports) —Ben Jackson
   (...) Each time I see the R/C car (most recently on clearance at Target) I get excited, expecting it to be a simple trasmitter plus an RCX-sized box with two motor outputs that is then built into a model. This would be a great set, and would make it (...) (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: LEGO r/c car (was: I have a solution for freeing motor ports) —Richard Franks
   (...) Yeah, that's why it is kinda useless unless you could control it fully with one RCX output.. at which point the additional studs start having uses! Richard (25 years ago, 21-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)