 Robotics / 10203
Re: IR tower mains powered
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 23:43:52 GMT

"Leonard Stiles" <lstiles@hotpop.com> wrote in message
news:FoK2ML.KvI@lugnet.com...
Hardly the most adventurous avenue of customisation, but has anybody tried
replacing the 9v battery in the IR tower with an AC/DC adapter?
Is there anything that speaks against doing this?

Leonard,

Well, I'm still using the same battery (duracell) as the day my mindstorms
kit arrived (8 months ago). Unlike the RCX, the tower doesn't seem very
battery-hungry. If you must use an adapter, make sure it's unplugged when
not in use. If you leave it plugged in permanently it will probably cost you
more in electricity than batteries would.

Good luck,

Arjen

TIA

Leonard Stiles <lstiles@hotpop.com>