 Robotics / 10180
  The Differential and One-Motor Turning

In response to several posts regarding driving and turning with only one motor... (Please excuse my very basic mechanical engineering knowledge!) Having only the two motors included with the RIS, I have also experimented with vehicles that are (...) (24 years ago, 19-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Differential and One-Motor Turning

Of course the differential is very cool, but you can also get away with only EVER driving one wheel (i.e. the way the L3GO droid from the DDK works) if you have a pivot wheel that snaps straight when moved forward and rotates slightly when moved (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Differential and One-Motor Turning

(...) turn. Combining this with a ratchet would let a robot turn one way in reverse, or perhaps a mechanism like I mentioned before with the pivot wheel could be used. Of course, a second motor could be employed to operate the turning (...) (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: The Differential and One-Motor Turning

(...) I have a collection of solutions (some from me, some from others) at (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)