 Robotics / 10168
Re: Question: One motor & Turning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:07:50 GMT

If you are interested, you can take a look at a mechanism I made
(inspired from the 8205 pull back string powered dragster) which
allows one motor to make a vehicle go forwards or turn on the spot
depending on the direction of the motor output.

The idea is very simple: The motor output is fed directly to one wheel
and through the "direction unifier" to the other.  That way, one wheel
can only turn one way, while the other can turn both ways.  If the
wheels turn the same way, the vehicle goes forward, if they turn
either ways, it turns on the spot.

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/direction-unifier/

Fredrik