 Robotics / 10145
Re: stupid question: meaning of RAW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 20:04:10 GMT

dominic frutiger <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
news:3884B641.A5ABBBF@student.ethz.ch...
hi folks,

it must be a stupid question: what exactly is the meaning of RAW
(for example: SetSensorMode(SENSOR_2, SENSOR_MODE_RAW)).
i use this mode, and i know the range: 0-1024. but i didn't find any
more precise description in my manuals concerning the quality of the
light or whatever else it could be - and i need the info now. what are
the differences to other modes except the bigger range?

That is about all there is to RAW.  It gives you a number 0-1023 which is
the raw value from the analog to digital converter.  The input range is 0 to
5 volts.  It is raw because the number isn't converted to F or C etc.
More on this kind of topic on my web page:
http://www.plazaearth.com/usr/gasperi/lego.htm