 Robotics / 10118
  Sending RCX message using the PC

Hi, I've seen in Dan Baum's book that the PC can be used to send messages (as if it was itself a RCX) to other RCX. Does anyone knows the procedure? Please send details so that I can myself program this. If you have code lines, that's even better (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sending RCX message using the PC

(...) It is very simple, but also I am having some strangenesses with it... The syntax is a simple sequence of bytes as follows:- 55 FF 00 F7 08 XX ~XX CC ~CC Where XX is the message number, ~XX is this inverted (XORed with FF), and CC is the sum of (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Sending RCX message using the PC

Hello, I've made something like that in java. I've started out with the rcxport of Scott Lewis (www.slewis.com/rcxport/) and made a little console application with it that accepts a port identifier and a value as parameters. It works under Linux and (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)