 Robotics / 10055
10054  |  10056
Subject:
Ping-Pong Ball Shooter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 14 Jan 2000 01:34:13 GMT

I've missed some of the discussion on the ping-pong ball shooter, I just needed
to know if this idea stemmed from it being "launched" like a catapult or are you
open to other ideas.

    One way to accomplish this without worrying too much about physical strain
on the lego connections is to use a rotary force to drive the ping-pong ball.
Gear up two motors and put small rubber wheels on them.  Make sure that the
Motors can start it moving due to the torque.  Build a structure so that the two
motors, specifically the two geared wheels have a gap between them just a tad
smaller than the ping-pong ball.  Obviously make sure the motors turn in the
opposite directions and that the two sides of the wheels closest together rotate
as to throw an object out.  Using a transmission manual or automatic
transmission once you get the motors moving and then gearing it up will increase
the distance.  Sorry I don't have any pictures.  But I think you all get the
idea.

        Crater@Switchcow.org

and set them so that when they both get power the is to gear up two motors on on
top and one on the bottom of the "barrell."  The firing mechanism

ie.

--
MIME ATTACHMENTS DISCARDED:

1.  Content-Type: text/html;