 Robotics / 10021
RE: Ping-Pong Ball Shooter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 21:37:33 GMT

Exactly, Hot wheels uses the idea as well as those machines that shoot
tennis or baseballs for practice. The baseball ones use a boat trailler wheel
driven by an electric motor. Just make sure the spinning wheel has
a large mass to keep its speed up when the ball comes in contact.

-----Original Message-----
From: The WordMeister [SMTP:dwilcox@wordsmithdigital.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2000 4:25 PM
To: Jim Thomas; lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: Ping-Pong Ball Shooter

I like the idea of using wheels to accelerate the balls. I believe when I
was a kid one of my friends had a Hot Wheels car wash or somethingorother
that used the same concept to move the little cars around a Hot Wheels
track. Certainly worth trying. I think the balls are so light, though, that
using several sets of wheels might be pointless--it's not like having to
accelerate a large mass.

Thanks!

--Doug Wilcox