 Publishing / Photography / 92
Re: Photo Manipulation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish.photography
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:32:34 GMT

In lugnet.publish.photography, John P. Henderson writes:
Hey,
Woo-hoo!  I found the right newsgroup for my inquiries!  And I see by
looking around my questions on lighting and camera types have been discussed
already.  Thanks!

How is it that you end up posting in the correct newsgroup but do not see
the link to this page: http://www.baylug.org/ninja/original/Photography.html
???

Perhaps you are accessing this information via something other than the
webpage, but the webpage has several links running down the left side of the
page that you will find helpful -- so DO check it out.

There are several products that do what Photoshop does, but Photoshop is the
standard to which all other products try to attain (of course, I felt more
strongly about this prior to Photoshop 6, when they started to play hide and
seek with the interface).  I think a favorite alternative to Photoshop for
many is a product called Paintshop Pro -- which is far less expensive than
is Photoshop.  You may also be able to download demos of each and try them
out before buying.  I'd even try a bootleg, or pirate copy, before
committing funds to the project -- esp. where Photoshop is concerned.  Buy
only if you think you really need or want the product.  I think you may also
be able to find used/discounted software on eBay, and I would recommend
Photoshop 5.5 over 6 for ease of use.  Older versions of Photoshop may also
satisfy your needs unless you plan to do a lot with typography, in which
case the later versions of Photoshop are much better.

-- Hop-Frog